Monday, July 05, 2010

Coope's Dozen

Omitted from JtE's Saturday morning report was mention of our impromptu committee meeting in the vicinity of Hordern Stoops, at which it was decided that our annual running of Coope's Dozen will be on Saturday 31st July.

Unfortunately, when I returned home, I was informed that this is also the date of our eldest daughter's wedding. There may also have been a suggestion that perhaps I should not have needed reminding of this.

Suggest that the show, indeed both shows, should go on. I'll appear for the early part of the dozen, but will need to proffer my excuses and leave well before completion.

I was only young at the time, but I seem to remember some talk about the date of YJ's wedding needing to avoid clashing with a Preston North End Home game... Perhaps YJ can give the full story.

No comments: