Tuesday, June 29, 2010

A Non-Running Birthday Weekend

When your birthday is in January you need to be forward thinking, and so it was that last weekend I took my four best boys (three nephews and FSS) to Go Ape in Grizedale Forest to celebrate my big birthday.  My sister chose to be the photographer and thought the five of us were mad to put ourselves through this.  It was fantastic as you can see from the snaps below.

pblog-099

Smiling for the camera – not!  L to R Harry, Rory and Niall

pblog-113

I can’t believe my youngest boy is taller than me

pblog-018

Lovin the zip wires – sister Julie below centre taking photopblog-028

Makin it look easy

pblog-034 

 pblog-045

Harry can’t believe my elegant landings!

pblog-065

Got the hang of it now!

pblog-089

Stopped to photo these gorgeous babies!   As Rory said – made you wish you’d passed on that bacon barm!

A pint at the Brittannia in Elterwater went down very nicely after the exertions, where Niall was able to re-visit the scene of his famous fling from a scooter in front of the crowds from a few years back.  A night at the Youthie at Coniston with a slap up meal at the Yewdale Hotel Saturday night, just left us with a meander along Coniston Water on Sunday morning.

Great weekend to add to my Big Birthday year – lots more to come.

NLN

No comments: