Sunday, June 06, 2010

Duddon ~ A Short Report on a Long Race

It was hot, very hot, for the first hour, then bearable after Harter.

Carried, found and begged enough water to wash down the energy gels which kept me going and enabled me to finish strongly, even leaving for dead on the final descent the four guys with whom I'd been to-ing and fro-ing since the Three Shires Stone.

Three of the four had passed me as I filled my water bottle at a tiny spring ~ more of a trickle than a spring ~ on Goat's Hause, but the extra water was definitely needed and probably helped with the stamina.

Final result was yet another PW in 5:53 (doesn't bode well for Wasd'le) but an enjoyable day out and not a total disaster.

Slightly disheartened to hear that Bowland Wayne, with whom I trade insults, and who beat me once again, works on oil rigs and generally goes long periods unable to train, other than by running on the spot!

Reports awaited from TF and t'Y (short course) and YJ (long course).

No comments: