Thursday, March 18, 2010

Old results

The mention of the old HH results (EtU and JtE in front of me! Must have been the Leeds bloke's fault - wouldn't have happened if YJ was partnering me) and the photo has spurred me to post this.
Just been tidying up some old results binders and have found the results for the 1982 Winter Hill Race. Don't know how I've got them : suspect somebody had a spare copy as I wasn't evening running then.
Well down the list in 210th place in 23:02 is a certain E Swift of Cambridge Harriers. I wonder who that could be? representing Northen Vets, 168th in 22:00 is a J. Swift - suspect only recently acquiring vet status. In between them is an A. Sweatman (200th in 22:42) and all these are in front of the current FRA Chairman 232nd in 23:53. There was also an R. Swift (U/A) listed.
Looking at the results I suspect the standard was a little higher with 89 breaking 20 minutes and 11 under 18 minutes (compared to last year when only 14 sneaked under 20 minutes and only Rob broke 18 minutes). However, the route may have been a little more direct back in 82 with less fencing to slow you down.
Below are the results:


No comments: