Sunday, March 14, 2010

Hobble 2010

As we were crossing Widdop Dam during Saturday's Hobble I remarked that we should ask EtU or JTE to publish the famous crossing in storm conditions on an earlier occasion. JtE must be a mind reader!

And so to Saturday's report. The weather, although cool, could not have been better and the ground after several rainless days was dryer than I can remember for that event. So why did it take me and team partner NLN 7 hrs 38 mins to complete the 32 miles? I have to hold my hand up and confess to being less fit than I thought and being the slow one in the later stages. The three miles added on by the changed start venue could not have helped (the organisers only credited it as two miles), especially as we had to pass the former finish on the run in.

T'Y kept us company for the first half before pulling away to a very impressive finishing time while we hoped to be in contention for the prize for mixed couples with a combined age of 120 years had the been one.

The miles were good training for both of us though probably not the best preparation for next Sunday's Pre London Fleet Half Marathon.

No comments: