Sunday, March 07, 2010

Must improve!

Sorry for the poor performance on Saturday holding everyone back from a fast run. The trouble is I need the extra miles and a 7.00 am start gives me the best chance of a long run and so that will have to be my approach to the Saturday outings from now on.


If I continue to spoil the party for everyone else I shall have an alternative route ready for when you all run off into the distance. A more positive approach would be to say that I will improve and will be able to keep up. We shall see.

Saturday's run gave me 21.5 miles in 4 hours 52 minutes and I gain encouragement from the fact that after parting company I ran all the way back via the Belmont road, Black Dog, Hordern Stoop, and Amunition Corner - such is the restorative power of jelly babies and Lucozade caffeine boost. Total mileage for the week was 78.5 which could go some way to explaining the tiredness.

No comments: