Friday, August 14, 2009

Very slow this week
Got back on Sunday evening from two weeks in a very hot Thassos (Greece) - 30+C every day and down to about 26 at night! Managed a couple of shortish early morning runs and one evening run and actually lost a few pounds despite the wine and beer. Did manage one early start (6:20) to walk to Potamia and then climb up Mt Ipsario which is a shade above 4000ft. Luckily above 1000ft there was a bit of a breeze, arriving at 9:30 to sign the book.
Did my first run for a week on Wednesday night and had not felt so slow since recovering from my little exploratory operation a few years ago. My legs felt like lead. No point doing UTUP last night so just went to ring road and back to see how much slower I am - about 2 minutes in 30!
Hopefully will get a decent run in this weekend but dj-ing commitments mean I shall probably be busy tomorrow morning.
On the Monday before Coope's Dozen I'd ordered a copy of Feet In the Clouds, hoping it would arrive in time to take on holiday. As I rushed out to head to the top barn, I noticed the postman passing me with book shaped package. Alas when I got back from my half-dozen, I found that the current dog, Onyx had got to it first. Julie immediately ordered a replacement copy and we also now have a replacement dog as well. This one's called Prince and is as well-behaved as Onyx was badly behaved.
Future races - Sedbergh (if fit), Darwen (if less fit), Rufford 10K?, Langdale Half?

No comments: