Friday, August 21, 2009

Jubilee

Further to t'Yorkshireman's post, he was at the rear of an interesting little spacing: Ted Orrell (1st V70) was 81st, YJ (1st V65) was 83rd, Mike Ogle (V60) 85th and t'Y (injured V50) 87th. Seems like the older they get, the faster they get. There's hope for us all!

Incidentally, Mike seems to be running very well at present, I can imagine that Chorley H are finding it dificult to find guides who can stay with him. He beat me to the top in the Pike race a couple of years ago. I passed him on the descent, but took no pride in this, considering his handicap.

I was hoping to do this last Jubilee of 2009, fate having conspired against me on three previous occasions, but it was not to be, and I went home for my supper, rather than watch so many folk eating midges for theirs.

No comments: