Monday, August 25, 2008

FBDNS ~ Weasdale '08

After two DNFs this month, I ended up failing to make the startline for the Weasdale (hence Finished But Did Not Start!). A busy morning followed by an even busier motorway between M65 and M55 meant the race was just setting off as we approached the field. A car containing a couple of Dark Peak runners followed us in so we decided to do the course as a training run as registration had disappeared.

I notice from last year's results that Nick'O and Ed ran it and you would probably agree that it is a great course - at least for me with good climbs and long reasonably gentle descents.


We did manage to catch the back marker although it was quite near the finish that I passed him (no over 2 hour runners this year). I completed in 1:34:43 - whether I would have been quicker had I warmed up, stretched and started with the others is hard to tell - I supposed I did have to have a pit stop including properly tying shoes. At least no injury and I finished well within my target of 1:40.

Looking at last years, there were 299 finishers - of course it was a championship race - I suspect there were less than a 100 runner this year. I don't know if there were any other Horwich runners this year as we had get off straight away.


T'Yorkshireman

No comments: