Thursday, May 22, 2008

Jubilee etc

Well I was on the last minute, but would have made the start if I could have remembered where it has been for the last two (three?) years. Unfortunately, I jogged over the green at Rivington, through the kissing gate, across the field, over the stream, along the side of the steam, turned left, only to find no-one there. I then heard the klaxon (so I would have been on time) as I ran along the lane and over the causeway. Started to pass some elderly (although elderly, they had obviously remembered where the start was) Darwen Dashers after the start of the second lap.

Whilst not especially pleasurable for me, at least it gave pleasure to others by increasing the scope for catcalling by my sick, lame and lazy fan club (Sweaters etc).

On another note, judging from input from our newly authorised contributor, it looks like we'll just hand over the "Most Prolific Racer" trophy permanently to TF, rather than keep putting her name on it each week.

See y'all Saturday.

EtU

No comments: