Friday, December 28, 2007

All Is Revealed (Regarding Mat and his cryptic GR)

JtE has now proffered the following explanation:

"I bumped into Matt in M & S this morning and asked him what he's playing at. Unfortunately he had a good answer! It all stems from the fact that at the Solstice 'do' you and I challenged or ridiculed him when he said that he came off Great End to Sty Head via The Band, our point being that The Band leads from Three Tarns to Langdale. In fact his grid reference identifies another Band leading from Great End to a point near to Sprinkling Tarn. Our Band is named at GR265089."

Apologies Ray, you were quite right, and I, for one, have had my mediocre store of knowledge enhanced.

EtU

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yep, I also see what you see Ray. My apologies too.