Friday, June 12, 2015

One out of Three Ain't Good

One of my ambitions on moving back North was to do the three Horwich fell races, Winter Hill, The Pike and Two Lads. The Water Board scuppered  the first, I did the Pike and so turned up at the Bridge last night hoping to do Two Lads.


Unfortunately, fire had broken out on Winter Hill and so the race was cancelled. Lots of disappointed runners then decided to run the route anyway, and I set off with EtU, KLM and Botters. EtU stopped to talk with somebody on Factory Hill and the next time we saw him was in the pub. The rest of us carried on and ran most of the course with a slight diversion on the advice of the fire fighters. It turned out to be quite a pleasant run and a good tester for my injured knee. With immaculate timing, I got back to the Bridge just as SWINW appeared with the car. A pleasant chat and a (not so pleasant) pint with EtU and Botters rounded off the evening.


Spare a thought for the organizer Colin Jones; all that hard work for nothing. However disappointed we felt, it must be much worse for him. I did hear a rumour about a possible new date in early July, so perhaps there will be a happy ending.

No comments: