Monday, February 09, 2015

KWL - Fairmile



After a very foggy drive up the M6 I was relieved to find a clear view of the tops when I arrived at the race parking. Unfortunately by the time I'd got out of the car and got my phone out the mist had rolled in and the picture above was the best I could manage of the first 'climb'. The route took you to the left of the stream in the centre of the pic. It rolled in even further on the approach to the 1pm start time so felt a bit disappointed that I wasn't going to get to see much on my first attempt at this race.

However couldn't believe the pre-race instructions when we were informed it was 'cracking the flags' on the top, so stubbornly kept my jacket on under my vest. 20 mins later wished I hadn't. Given that it was such a short race I knew I wouldn't have the time to remove it so had to put up with 'boil in the bag' feeling.

But it was worth it. Views on the top stunning. The race route was just my cup of tea - steep up and down grassy stuff. I think I have a new favourite KWL, although my legs may not agree. Results are on the Helm Hill website. 

18th Feb Outing

I now have 2 passengers (Etu & NLN) in my car so room for one more. TLoB is meeting us at Barley. 

TF



2 comments:

Temporarily Misplaced said...

If there's still space I wouldn't mind joining you, I'll ask at work today if it's ok.

Temporarily Misplaced said...

Unfortunately it looks like I'm going to have to give this a miss. Hope you all have fun!