Sunday, January 11, 2015

Freezing Firbank Fell

Settle Harriers take part in the Kendal Winter League, and today's race was at Firbank Fell, described as a field next to the M6. Well it is near Jn 37 of the M6 but it is not a field, being far too hilly to fit the description, and besides, the clue is in the name. Today the problem was not  the hill but the weather which was atrocious, howling wind and driving rain/hail; at one point I thought I was running on the spot, such was the strength of the wind.
But I survived and was revived in a smashing pub in Barbon - highly recommended if you are ever that way. Results are not out until mid-week; last week at Scout Scar I was 10th V60, so I am hoping I have improved a place or two.


Two footnotes;
1  I had a pleasant surprise just at the start today, a voice said "hello" and there was TF. My apologies for not trying to find you afterwards, -I just wanted to get warm!
2 On Thursday, I posted an article about the 3 Peaks on this site, but clearly there is a time warp between Settle and Horwich as it appeared as having been posted on January 2nd. Any clues?

1 comment:

Ed the Unready said...

Chris, hi,
I think the time warp may not be anything to do with the red/white rose divide, but rather, something to do with you having drafted your post over a few days prior to actually posting it, and this managed to confuse the Blogger thingy. Why don't you test this hypothesis?
Ed