Sunday, August 18, 2013

Missing in inaction

I was never going to get far on last Saturday's outing as  training during the week had been hampered by a thigh strain which only started to disappear on Friday  -- not much time to prepare for Saturday.

 Having previously agreed to rendezvous with EtU  on Georges lane  I stuck with the plan and met as arranged.  It was encouraging to see a good turnout  at the Lower Barn and  I was pleased to reach the Pike in as fast a time as I have done all year.

From there it was downhill all the way. After the pack split into two for the trek to Two Lads, I followed the regular route down to George's Lane and on the descent the thigh injury began to manifest itself and  I decided an early finish was the wisest  strategy,  Unfortunately  I had been left behind on the descent and had no one to advise that I was retiring.

Back at the barn I tried phoning the two who I thought most likely to be carrying mobiles --  no reply so wrong numbers or both switched off.  So I drove off home hoping my disappearance  had not been noticed.


No comments: