Sunday, March 18, 2012

Water Shortage

Well there is in the South of England. Plenty on the moors above Horwich though. I have to say that I agree with my fellow runners yesterday that it should not be piped south. All the posh people with their Chelsea tractors will just have to learn to manage without washing their cars twice a week.

Yesterday saw five of us recce the northern part of Coope's Dozen, t'Y, the Iceman, Ray, my good self and of of course JtE. The morning was highly enjoyable and throughout we kept splitting up to try the respective merits of different routes. I found it very interesting to visit places I hadn't been to this century and I would like to thank my companions for showing me the way. However, I would not recommend the four hour drive to get up here the night before a four hour run on the moors- I was exhausted at the end.

No comments: