Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Gutted!

Many of you will be aware of my quest last year to win the ladies road championship and my delight after the Gin Pit 5 to see my name on the web site along with the words well done and first place. Imagine my delight recently when Suzi B rang to see if I could attend the Presentation Evening to collect my trophy and prize money. Unfortunately with Andy still out of action and a very important cricket final involving one of the kids, I was unable to attend. So I have been trying to find out how I can get my hands on said trophy. This is the email I received today from Pete Bland:

Hi Hazel - good morning I think Suzanne must have just looked at the road championship table and seen your name at the head of the list and presumed you were the winner, unfortunately you had only done 5 races and although you had raced more than any other lady the competition was for the best of 7 races from the 9 selected. This scenario happened in a couple of the categories and it was discussed at Committee and we felt it would be wrong to award the trophy to whoever had done the most in that category. Good luck in the 2012 competitions.

Gutted I am!

On a brighter note, I have bought new fell running shoes for my big day out, but unfortunately not had time to wear them in. I will be leaving from here but not sure yet if I will be returning to here. Depends on car situation amongst other things. Hope everyone is back from injury by then and the weather stays as it is.

No comments: