Monday, November 07, 2011

Southern Section

It is a clear indicator of just how little running I have done recently, that last Saturday's Pine Ridge challenge was the longest (continuous) run I have managed since 2005: the stunning distance of 10k!!

Still it is all progress of a sort and as long as I only run a maximum of 3 times a week and as much off road as possible, the back can just about cope. The race itself was in effect a clover leaf shaped cross-country, and in places was very wet indeed. It was quite amusing to see all the road runners going to great lengths to avoid getting their feet wet! I was also pleased to finish in the top half 257/623 in a pw of 53.44 ( although difficult to make any comparisons as nearly all the other 10k races I have done have been on tarmac).

Changing the subject, I note that since EtU's bragging about Preston North End beating God's Chosen, they have slipped down the table and are now in the bottom half. Proof (if it were needed) that God is a Brentford supporter.

No comments: