Sunday, November 06, 2011

Curious to know if the new recruits turned up yesterday? Having been laid low with a virus at the beginning of the week, running activities have been curtailed somewhat, even had to forgo Shepherds Skyline race yesterday.

Anyway decided that having rested all week, it meant I could have a go at the longest course on offer at the orienteering event at Tarn Hows (near Coniston). After spending over 10mins trying to locate the first control, I almost gave up there and then. Another 24 to find, and if I averaged 10 mins each that was 4hrs for 8k, not what I had in mind. I passed Albert and Mark on the way to the 4th and again at the 7th. There's was a joint effort, mine circuitous!

Beautiful afternoon in the sunshine, showing the autumn colours of the woodland at their best. The hardest course I done yet, determined not to have to report back early to the finish so kept soldiering on. Final time 3hrs13mins. Not good, but not last.

The next one's at the end of the month and is 10k, so I think I'll put my headtorch in my bumbag just incase.

No uutps for me this week.

TF

No comments: