Monday, April 12, 2010

Signed Up For Coniston

Spoke to YJ this morning and looking forward to a blast up Wetherlam, Swirl How and the Old Man on the 24th.
Didn't do much over the weekend apart from a last minute decision to do the Gin Pit 5. Just got there with a few minutes to spare so no real warm up. Settled in okay with Mister Murray in my sights but got no closer than about 20 metres behind him after 3 miles with Pete Bland a little further ahead. The high mileage meant that I had no kick over the last half mile so had to settle for 36:10 and 72nd in the 140+ field which I suppose I should be happy with.
I've now posted about ten photos up on my GR10 blog from last week in the Lake District if anyone wants a look.
I think I may have a go at the Radcliffe Trail race this weekend so I'd better get some high mileage in earlier in the week.

No comments: