Tuesday, December 29, 2009

No piccies from me, I'm afraid...

as I didn't manage to venture too far on my Christmas Day outing, but I now have a circular off-road 12m route. It's something I've been meaning to sort out for a long time and involved using some of the local disused railway lines (now trails) in the area taking me via Walkden and Tyldesley.

A couple of sections need a bit of fine-tuning and I should have definitely consulted with a 'Local Expert' before I set off as some flipping great holes appeared at SD 693038 that weren't marked on my map! Having got back to the A6 by a rather circuitous route, I found a noticed saying that all the usual 'Rights of Way' had been suspended, no kidding! Any idea what they're digging for JtE?

Sunday's outing was the Peak 'O' Trial from Glossop. As the car was still marooned on the drive, I decided to have my first attempt to get to a race via public transport. I'd emailed the organiser and asked for a late start time and opted for the short course. So having set off at 7am, I arrived at 10:10am and it cost £7:30 (return, which I didn't think was too bad). But 50 mins of that 3hr + travelling time was running, mmmh, think I'll leave it for 'special occasions'.

I may be up for a long outing on Thursday and forgo ALS, a lot depends on the weather over the next 24hrs. The car is now off the drive and near the main road, the novelty of going to work on the train and having to leave at 6.45am finally wore off by the 24th Dec. Any further plans as to where you might be running from/to?

TF

No comments: