Thursday, December 03, 2009

A couple of forthcoming races

Just a quick mention that The Prediction Race (what we would normally call the Uphill Race) takes place this Saturday with 1.30p.m. start. Venue is Curley's fisheries near to the Jolly Crofter's. £3 entry includes food - see Horwich site for more details.

Mention of the Amble reminds that there is another LDWA event suitable for running in the coming weeks. The Two Crosses (25 miles) is on Jan 17th. I shall be walking it quite slowly as I have volunteered to be one of the sweepers - also means I get to do a recce the previous week with the marshals walk. As it is the 25th anniversary it is likely to that the 250 limit will be reached fairly soon, so a good idea to get your entry in quickly - here is the link.

No sign of the Fielden Cup being held yet. Maybe I should have a word with PB and as I am the current holder, see if he would like help in organising it - I expect it should be raised at their next committee meeting which I presume is on Monday. Guests are allowed to compete but of course not allowed to win it which is I why I didn't realise I'd won the cup straightaway.

No comments: