Monday, April 13, 2009

To Help You Sleep

Saturday was YJ's and my 11th Pike double, we started in 1996, his BG year, to keep his miles up, and we missed only in 2001 (FMD), 2004 (YJ's "gentleman's" operation) and 2008 (adverse weather warning). Lost count now, but this year was probably my 30th consecutive Pike race (will confirm when I access my archive). PB was 22:23 (sorry Andrew) in 1993 at the ripe old age of 46. Interesting (to me) in that in the intervening years my ascent time has deteriorated by 31.9%, but my descent by only 20.5%.

Has t'Yorkshireman prepared his Anniversary Waltz report yet? If you don't want to know the results look away now ~ well done TF! Is the identity of the lady with the VPL in TF's photo known?

Just to re-assure the team that I'm putting in the work for J Day, last week's training consisted of:
Monday - Two Lads and Pike - 9
Tuesday - Ditto - 9
Wednesday am - Black Combe - 4
Wednesday pm - Blackrod & Crown Lane - 6
Thursday - Meander over Winter Hill with TF - 7
Friday - Pike - 7
Saturday - Big Pike, Little Pike - 13
Sunday - Pike - 7.
Total miles ~ 62, time on feet ~ 16 hours (ish)
Climbing ~ 10,000ft (ish)

Oh, yes, JtE, we saw a Wheatear near Rosset Pike.

EtU

No comments: