Monday, April 06, 2009

Kinder Downfall Recce

As promised a map for the Kinder Downfall route for next week, well a link to a map http://www.cs.man.ac.uk/temples-bin/hc.pl?a=img&d=hc&f=downfall

Is Weds 15th still ok with everyone? I don’t think I’ll be up to doing much more than 3hrs with it being sandwiched between races for me on Sat 11th and Sat 18th. This route doesn’t have a particularly good finish (too much tarmac) so I’d like to suggest an alternative way back from Edale Cross to take in the trig at Brown Knoll, past South Head and Mount Famine, then through the woods at Elle Bank.

Depending on how long it takes us to get to the point where the Kinder Trog (different race) Route turns off at Peep-o-day and how tired my little legs are, we could always make a foray onto the other side of the main road and I could show you the ‘Big Stone’.


Anyone want to make a stab at suggesting a meeting point and a setting off time?

Askham Fell Race 8.5m/1800ft Sat 4th April

I was similarly affected by the weather on Saturday and a bit cold when I got back and I’d only been out for a bit short of 2hrs. The organiser had gone to a lot of effort for this race, even to the point of flagging a safe route up to Arthur’s Pike. Don’t suppose decapitated fellrunners would look too good on your first event! Got a good view of Ullswater on the way out, and a good view of the inside of my jackets’ hood on the way back.

Route map here

http://homepages.cs.ncl.ac.uk/nigel.thomas/Askham/

Results here

http://www.fellrunner.org.uk/results/race09/09_askham.htm

I’ll utup on thurs this week.

TF

No comments: