Saturday, February 28, 2009

Ninety Days In

Today saw the completion of three months of my Joss preparation. My feelings of well-being, however came to an abrupt halt when I reached home after the morning's run and, having taken my Inov8s off on the step (as per standing orders), I entered the house to find water cascading (dripping actually, but cascading sounds better) down from the hall ceiling. Further, and rapid, investigation disclosed that the boiler (central heating that is, not the Old Speckled Hen) had blown a gasket and drenched the contents of my wardrobe in the bedroom above. My blue suede shoes were wet through and the dye had wreaked weird chromatographic patterns up my pink shirt. Thankfully my cowboy boots were unharmed and the rest of my tramps' outfits (as my children describe my clothes) were only mildly damp. Currently we are without heating or hot water (can't get the parts at weekend, see, mate), but can have hot showers; but there is a limit to how many showers it is reasonable to have in a 24 hour period.

But back to the main subject. Being fairly conservative (my politics are right of "fairly") I got 18 miles for today, which gave me 161 miles for February, giving me the planned weekly average of 40 for the month. No weight loss, although TF tells me that a pound of muscle weighs more than a pound of fat (she didn't actually say that) so although I'm just as heavy, I'm actually lighter ~ but should muscle hang over my belt the way that the fat did?

Seriously though, it is coming together; I am running better and I'm sure that another month will see some more noticeable improvement.

Enjoyed this morning, got home with 10 minutes to spare (12:20), if I'd carried on to Great Hill, my cowboy boots may have been spoiled as well!

EtU

No comments: