Sunday, November 30, 2008

David Staff Fell Race 5.1m/1200ft

As I'm resting at a Lecture at Bolton Hospital tomorrow evening I decided that Sunday's run had to include a bit more of an effort. So off I went to take another look at Darwen Tower.

Despite the glorious conditions there was no time for a food stop at the top this time, mostly due to the slow ascent. Normally I can run all the way up, but yesterday's run took its toll. Coming down hill I began to pull back a bit of ground on the runners in front of me. Another 10 miles and I might have got past.

A disappointing 6 mins slower than last time in 2005. At some point, racing every weekend should start to pay off surely?

Next weeks suggested route coming back via White Coppice would be very handy for me as I'll be back at 6pm with my head-torch for a bit of night-orienteering. So I'll need you all to keep your eyes peeled earlier in the day for any little orange orienteering flags. My last attempt at this resulted in emergency instructions via a mobile on the use of 'don't worry you won't need it' gps!

TF

No comments: