Monday, January 28, 2008

That's Lyth report

Perfect weather and underfoot conditions made for an excellent outing. Not having taken part in the event for the past five years, I calculated a conservative target of my slowest previous time plus an extra minute per mile. FSS and NLN were welcome familiar faces at registration.

By the time I reached the first control manned by FSS my target was obviously within grasp and as the miles went by the going, in spite of all the hills, got easier. By checkpoint 3 where NLN was dispensing drinks and biscuits with great charm there was still no sign of fatigue, and from there it was a steady plod over Scout Scar to the finish in Kendal, 37 minutes ahead of my target.

Time for 23.59 miles was 4hr 28 mins 49 secs ~ an average over hill and dale of 11 mins 21 secs per mile. It was not my fastest ever time but it was 12 minutes in front of the slowest which was recorded in 1999. This is an excellent, if testing, event and is thoroughly recommended.

YJ

Who is "no"? ~ see comment.

EtU

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, well done.
PS I'm sure NLN had arm fatigue but was hiding it well. Those urns are heavy.