Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Saturday 19th January 2008

Forecast is "light rain", but that's probably at sea level.

JtE has made arrangements for us to use the car park at the Black Dog (something about the amount of money he's put over the bar should've made him a shareholder) but there are special conditions, so expect to see him in his hi-viz directing the traffic.

Usual kick-off time of 8.30 for a magical mystery tour of the far flung reaches of the Amble. Anything from 16 to 18 miles depending on route from Slipper Lowe back to Belmont.

With regard to NLN's suggestion of a pre-meet at the barn to share driving (see comments), I'll call in at 8.10, planning to leave at 8.15, but as I don't know how long my pass is for, I may need to cut the run a bit short so any pasenger/s may need to change horses in mid stream (as it were) but I'm sure there'll be alternative lifts available.

EtU

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looking forward to seeing the gang for the first time in 2008. Is there any mileage in some of us meeting at the lower barn in usual way at say 8.10 and sharing cars over to Belmont?

NLN

Anonymous said...

Regarding EtU's comment re. lifts back to the barn. I will not be able to help as I will not be travelling via Rivington etc.