Monday, January 21, 2008

Chernobyl 10k ~ Sunday 27th Jan

I used to say that I didn't like 10k's, as they are too fast and furious and you don't get time to admire the view. However I try and do two or three each year, partly to develop a bit of pace and also as a fairly absolute assessment of my level of fitness. On the fells you can always blame the conditions if you have a bad one, whilst with a 10k, although the courses do vary a bit, what goes up must come down, so even hilly courses aren't much slower than ostensibly "faster" ones.

My last four 10k's have all had very similar outcomes:

Dec '06 Ribble Valley ~ 49.51 (PW)

Apr '07 Burnley ~ 49.24

Oct '07 Waddington ~ 49.14

Jan '08 Garstang ~ 49.35

This Sunday it's the Chernobyl 10k at Lostock Hall, Preston. What will be the outcome? Will I get back to a sub 49? I like to think so. Or will it be another boring old 49 something, or (horrors) will I finally go over the 50 minute mark?

Watch this space, and don't push me into anything too energetic on Saturday.

EtU

No comments: