Friday, October 11, 2019

Curbar Commotion Saturday 5th October (9.8m/415metres climb)

I've been waiting for the results before posting a report, but non have appeared.

This was the 2nd race in my 'come-back' series.

Based in the Peak District from the small village of Curbar which is on the A623 heading towards Bakewell.

A lot larger field of runners for this one than the previous week, the weather was a lot more benign.



The route heading out along the main road to start with before heading north through a wooded area up to Froggat Edge where we were greeted by a lady ringing a bell telling us we were at the top. At this point I'd just been keeping ahead of 2 ladies chatting at the back.

Once on the edge, I put a bit of a spurt on until we reached a boggy bit round some fields. Some nice firm running until the southern most point. Here I caught up with a couple more runners on downhill muddy section, and managed to just keep ahead of them until the end.

The parent/governors of the school had laid on a good selection of drinks and cakes at the end.

I clocked 10.25m in the end and a time of 2hrs15. A lot more runnable than the week before, but still hard work and a good effort.

I'm having a week off racing this week as it's XC league. But will be back on racing next Sunday 20th Oct

TF

1 comment:

Ed the Unready said...

Keep up the good work!