Friday, March 07, 2014

Edale Recce

I'm off to Edale on Saturday for a recce of the 2nd half of the race route.

Had a bit of a 'woe is me' moment earlier in the week after the slow time at Black Combe and began to wonder if it wasn't worth handing my entry back.

The route off Win Hill has been diverted possibly adding some extra distance, and more crucially biting into the dreaded cut-off. However having re-read the report from when I last ran (2012, 2013 was snow-bound in March) I realised I've got a bit more time to play with than I thought.

In 2012 I did BC in 1:59 and was at Mam Nick in 2:29 (cut off - 2:45). This years BC was 2:07 (cut off still 2:45) so going to be touch and go. but if I do get through the down&up from Grindslow Knoll had better pay off if I'm to keep under the 5hr mark.

1 comment:

EtU said...

Hope Saturday bodes well for the 23rd.