Sunday, October 13, 2013

Tower of Terror 12. 10. 13.

Visited Darwen Tower in the company of KLM and Christa via the “direct” route. First visit, for me, for a long time and the longest fell run that Christa had ever undertaken. Fairly slow progress outgoing mainly because I had some difficulty in coping with the strong headwind. Darwen Moor was just about as bleak as ever. The weather was fairly cold and the ground generally heavy en route. 2 hours 10 minutes outgoing and 2 hours back. 13.55 miles. Many thanks to the other two for their good company and for doing some hanging around in waiting for me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I had a brilliant time! Had great company, discovered new routes and enjoyed using my tracking skills following some Adidas Kanadia prints which I believe belonged to YJ. Can't wait for the next one, shame it will be a few weeks off for me due to cross country. Christa.