Wednesday, November 07, 2012

Shepherd's Skyline Sat 4th Nov 10K/350m

A slight shock to the system following a long lay off from 'short' racing.

It's a popular race, but as I neared to turn onto Lambuts Rd (used for parking) cars were doing 'u' turns and had me thinking that there were more entrants than normal. So parked up and prepared myself for a mile and half or so of jog on tarmac to the pub. 100yrds into my 'warm up' source of the problem was down to an ambulance parked up outside a house at the narrowest point on the road.

Decided I was lucky on two counts, a) not having a trip in said ambulance and b) likely to be in top 300 not top 500.

Plenty of photographers out on the course but I especially liked this photo by Dave Woodhead with Stoodley Pike in the background (don't say that very often about photos of me). Notice how colour co-ordinated I am with my pink top to match the pink piping on my leggings, makes a change from all black. Shame about the slight clash with the obligatory club vest and hat.
 
 
 
A touch slower than 2010, so it'll be interesting to see what happens at TofP and how my time compares to 2010 and 2011. Somewhere between the two would be good, but may be weather dependent.
 
TF



No comments: