Saturday, May 19, 2012

Solo UTUP start, duo UTUP finish

I arrived at UTUP today a couple of minutes after half-past but noticed an absence of familiar vehicles so didn't think I'd missed everyone. I waited a few more minutes but decided that I must be own my own due to attractions elsewhere. A bit of a cool morning so I headed for White Coppice and Great Hill, to return via Hordern Stoops and Ammunition Corner. There weren't many runners around at all but I had my music to keep me company. I decided not to bother with a watch. How often do you look at your watch when not wearing one? I must have done it at least 3 times in the first 30 minutes or so. It was hard work heading up Great Hill into a strong headwind so I was glad to turn towards Spittlers with the wind more on my shoulder. As I made the little climb up to Spittlers I spied a runner heading towards me and as we got nearer realised it was a familiar running style. It was NLN, having set off 10 or 15 minutes after me on the reverse of my route. It made sense to turn about and retrace my steps with the occasional variation where possible, made much easier by the wind following us. About 10 for NLN, 13ish for me. Expect the occasional photo arriving soon.

No comments: