Monday, May 07, 2012

Horwich Tri 6th May

Slightly more successful than some of my other recent expeditions.

Pleased with my swim time of 13:53 for the 20 lengths, beating my prediction by over a minute. Not pleased with sharing a lane with two much faster guys and having to pause to let them pass on five occasions. Why were we asked to give a swim time if we weren't to share  a lane with folk of a similar speed?

Concerned at one point by what appeared to be a body, motionless in the deep end. Then a photographic flash told me it was a photographer - Dave the Diver as I later found out.

The cycle was hard, slightly slower than two years ago, and left my legs lifeless for the pike. Total time 3:39, a bit faster than 2010, but both the swim and the run had been shortened.

Results are to appear on the epic events website, but were "broken" when I tried to access then a few minutes ago.  Swim time will be the actual swim plus the road crossing and entry to the transition. Bike time will be the transition time plus the ride, and run time will be the transition plus the run.

Perhaps when the results are available someone could assess my weakest discipline by comparing my times with the best.

No comments: