Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Congrats to Ed & Loughrigg last Wednesday

Just had a quick search to find the results then found you'd already written up. Sounds a pretty decent time considering the heat and nature of the course.
I managed a little run up Loughrigg on Wednesday night. Weather was pretty poor (had been up Sunday afternoon in glorious sunshine) but managed to find my way up and down. Unusually for me in a Lakeland category A race (ok tis only 4 miles) I didn't get timed out. In fact 7 minutes into my descent I passed a trio of ladies still going up so I assumed I must have at least 20 minutes lead on them. Only lost 4 places and about 3 minutes on the descent and did my usual impressive sprint to the line with no-one to beat, to finish in 47:09 (106th of 117). The winner took 27:55, the three ladies took 1:45:50 (well two of them at least - maybe they were taking it easy in preparation for Madrid?)
The visibility was so poor that I missed chatting to a six-time Pike Race winner. May get chance to apologise on Saturday. Had to rush off for an excellent meal at the Glass House.

No comments: