Monday, March 21, 2011

Weekend roundup for TF

Saturday - Part I -Parked up at Ribblehead and caught the 10:49 train back to Horton. Set off on the 3P route as far as right turn for Pen-y-Ghent, 25mins steady pace. Turned left and followed 3P route to Ribblehead, 1hr 10mins for this section. This included a short section of walking & chatting to a bloke with a dog called Dillon, he was also doing 3P route that day but was aiming to do it all. Back to the car for a spot of lunch (soup & 2 pitta breads) and then set off for
Saturday - Part II - followed the permitted training route to gain summit of Whernside. Back onto 3P's race route to the bottom of the fell and then back to the viaduct, Dillon and his owner had nearly caught me up by this point. Not sure I'm going to like that descent if I'm under time pressure to make the cut-off, so need to go back for one or two more recces just to make sure. Part II was at a lot gentler pace (mindful of my race the following day) but managed to be back at the car in 2hrs.

So a useful day out gaining critical pace info, especially the tarmac section.

Sunday -Part I - Dark and White Mini Mountain Marathon - Chaple-en-le Frith.
Some more running around areas I'd not been to before. Improved a place this time in my age category by finishing 3rd, but dropped a few overall by finishing 72/120 this time. I scored less points, 195 as compared to 213 on the first event, maybe I was playing it a bit too safe as I returned with 10 mins to spare. But better that than lose the lot by being over ambitious
Sunday - Part II - Following a relax in the sauna & steam room at the DL gym, a couple of hours strolling round John Lewis admiring the new seasons collections.

UTUP

Might be up for brief utups this week. I've got Edale Skyline on Sunday so will be taking it easy, definitely no reps!

TF


No comments: