Monday, January 10, 2011

Saturday

Interesting to read of EtU’s encounter with the Rivington beasts. It sounds just like my experience. I have it on good authority that, because a cow doesn’t like to be hit on the nose, the best thing to do is to give it a good slap using your bum bag. I think to do that would take some courage. The beast might think “OK pal, if that’s the way you want to play it……………”

Coincidentally on Saturday morning I walked from the Lower Barn to White Coppice and back (parking at the side of EtU at about 9.00am). I whimpishly decided that in order to keep my feet dry I would avoid the mess at the bottom of the steps near Rivington Green. I went via the Bowling Club instead and I’m glad that I did!

2 comments:

NLN said...

Good to hear the knee's holding up JtE :)

John the Elder said...

Thanks NLN