Sunday, February 14, 2010

Anglezarle Amble/Winter Hill FR

AA - done for the year…    Well done Team.  I think given the rather icy conditions everyone was reasonably happy with their times.  Nic’O and I battled it out with T’Yorkshireman ‘til the end when he pipped us at the post by one minute.  I was expecting to get round in about 5.30, so 5.08 was a bit of a bonus.  Interesting to note that FSS was also a little slower than last year but still coming in over an hour ahead of me.

With tired legs, this morning, I travelled over to the Top Barn to spectate at the Winter Hill FR with FSS participating.  Not really dressed for running, YJ dragged me up to the Pike and then on to Winter Hill where we watched the race and I took a few snaps (below).  We then trotted to the Trig point where after I consumed my flask of coffee (YJ declining) we parted company.  YJ traversed down to the stream crossing and I jogged back via 2 Lads, Pike Cottage and then up to the little hillock to see the runners, before dropping off down he track and through the gardens to the finish.  I am now going to lie in front of the TV and watch some serious athletes on ice in Canada!

BTW rumour has it EtU had some interesting lines today.  Look forward to hearing all about it.

Winter Hill Fell Race pics:

 Winter Hill Fell Race (1 of 9)

Great day for it – as long as you’re not racing that is!

Winter Hill Fell Race (2 of 9)

Retiring FRA  President Tony Varley presiding over his final WH FR as organiser – he wants to run it next year, how mad is that?

Winter Hill Fell Race (3 of 9)

Race winner Rob Hope Pudsey, sets new course record

Winter Hill Fell Race (4 of 9)

FSS – on a recovery run after yesterday’s Amble.  Quite pleased with 2.18

Winter Hill Fell Race (5 of 9)

Bazza – ecstatic at the approach to the stile at top of ramp Winter Hill Fell Race (6 of 9)

A late start for EtU?

Winter Hill Fell Race (7 of 9)

Top of Ramp

Winter Hill Fell Race (9 of 9)

Finish(ed)

Winter Hill Fell Race (8 of 9)

A bit more subdued at the end!

No comments: