Sunday, June 21, 2009

Midsummer Madness

Well what was I up to while you were all clocking up the miles? Clocking up a few more races! This weekend was Calder Valley Fell Runners version of a Midsummer Madness, a series of three fell races over three days. I'd done the middle of the three races a few times before with varying success, so this year was the first time of attempting the series.

The first on Friday night was a short 3m blast straight up & down Whicken Hill from Mytholmroyd. The second was a 7 mile navigational challenge and the third a gentle(!) 4m trundle to finish. My flag following and navigating proved to be exemplary, just a pity I can't get the little legs to go any quicker.

In the series I finished 4th lady overall (results here http://www.cvfr.co.uk) the middle race producing my best result and came away with an engraved glass as a memento, a t-shirt and 2 bottles of Timothy Taylors 'Landlords' strong pale ale.

A couple of questions for the connoisseurs regarding the alcohol. a) Is it best drunk cold or room temperature? b) How good is it compared to others of it's ilk? In otherwords should I drink it, or should I leave it out for the Slugs?!

TF

No comments: