Monday, October 13, 2008

A Journey of a Thousand Miles...

...well forty something, starts with a single hill session. I had already made arrangements to turn out with Peter Ramsdale's group, even before yesterday's disaster, so with that behind me, tonight's session could be seen as the start of my Joss Naylor campaign.

Having seen the benefits of NLN's multi-group training methods, and having almost literally bumped into Peter's group last Monday, it seemed a good opportunity to add another dimension to my training. Generating winter enthusiasm with limited access to the fells has always been a problem.

The good points were:

1. It's just less than 20 minutes from home to the meet ~ a good warm-up, and no need to use the car.

2. It makes a change to run with folk who aren't drawing their pensions.

3. They're a fit lot, so I had to work hard to stop them disappearing completely out of sight.

The downside was ~ it hurt!

I'll hang on in there and see how it goes for a few weeks; perhaps someone will want to turn out next May and carry a rucksack.

EtU

No comments: