Sunday, October 05, 2008

Forward Planning

During yesterday's roll-on roll-off run Matt mentioned that hadn't done much racing recently. A couple of road (!) races that I've done previously and have my eye on this year are the Longridge 7 on 14th December and the Ribble Valley 10k on 28th Dec. Matt and I both did the Longridge race a few years ago, probably because a Christmas pudding was awarded to all finishers (and still is). There's an Ambleside pudding race the day before so this could be a good racing weekend for t'Yorkshireman.

I may be spoken for on the 28th but if not, I'll definitely be doing the Ribble Valley (not all of it)as well. Could be a pleasant little group meet between the two festivals.

Back to yesterday, which seemed to give everyone a good workout, especially TF who would have clocked up 19 miles by the time she got home (did anyone check that she did get home?), but apparently "workout of the day" award goes to JtE as he struggled valiantly (and vainly?) to stay with the chicken farmer as she bounced up the ramp ~ good to have you back, Nic'O, no ill effects I hope.

I'm UTUPing Thursday (road/fell? ~ somebody suggest) 9th and Saturday 11th (fell, as I'm 10king at Wadington on Sunday, although I believe there's another road session for those who fancy it ~ please post details).

EtU

No comments: