Sunday, March 24, 2024

Suggestion for April 2024 - Black Combe (unfinished business)

On the 15th July '23 Steve, Kev and I met on Silecroft Beach, intending to 'do' the 'Two Trigs Sea to Summit' route up Black Combe. Others had shown an interest but were put off by the poor weather forecast.

The first trig is only a few feet from the beach, so that was ticked off without difficulty. However, the worsening weather and my lack of fitness resulted in me running (chance would be a fine thing) out of both energy and enthusiasm at about 1,600 ft. Kev continued on to the summit and the second trig, whilst Steve kindly accompanied me back to the beach. Kev caught us up with about half a mile to go.

So, this unfinished business has  to be finished!

I have asked a couple of the 'gang' to propose a Saturday date in April for a second, hopefully successful, attempt - watch this space.

No comments: