Tuesday, June 02, 2020

Week 8

Mon 11th May

Today I decide to explore the footpaths close to the M61

One of which is the Rotary Way (https://ldwa.org.uk/ldp/members/show_path.php?path_name=Bolton+Rotary+Way+Footpath) . I completed a circuit of this last year (admittedly in a few sections)

A useful 15K completed



Tues 12th May

A shorter effort on the run today of 10K, decide not to over exert myself in anticipation of the bike ride into work.

Weds 13th May

Up early and out allowing time for punctures. Manage it in 1hr 10mins. Road Surfaces have deteriorated somewhat since I last did the full cycle in. Weather pleasant, and not the anticipated traffic queues I was expecting.

It's harder on the way back as it's uphill. I've got the route as close to a straight line as I can. 21.82K and 1hr 26mins, I'm averaging 15K/hr, the good club cyclist can average 15-16m/hr. I do have a heavy pack on my back though and it was warm.

Thurs 14th May

Back on the bike again, certainly have the weather for it. I shave 2 mins off the time on the way back. Gutted to see that my Garmin is hardly scoring for activity minutes for cycling, must be all the 'freewheeling' I'm doing on the downhill bits.

Friday 15th May

The day has finally dawned when I can go for a run not from the house.

Here's what I chose to do.


Just over 12K. The section from the Pike to Two Lads was the dryest I've done it in a long while, a little boggy across to Noon Hill, but great to be back out on the Hills.

Sat 16th May & Sun 17th May

Swabbing getting very quiet again over the weekend. One more week left before I head back to the world of teeth.

Having reported on the last 2 months of Lockdown, I will close the reports at this point unless something major happens.

If the good weather remains, it's my intention to continue with the cycling to work as much as I can, with a bit of running at the weekends.

TF

No comments: