Monday, November 13, 2017

Snowdonia Marathon 2017

Saturday 28th October saw YJ and yours truly lining up at the start of yet another Snowdonia Marathon; YJ well prepared, despite a greatly reduced training window, due to an undiagnosed, but thankfully cleared, health problem; self not at all well prepared, due to loss of mojo.

Five hours later saw YJ crossing the finish line with gun/chip times of 5:00:15/4:59:58 placing 1,221 out of 2,211 finishers and 1st V75.

Much, much later, and shortly before it went dark, I staggered over the finish line, muttering that this would be my last marathon ever - but an Irish lad in my dorm had told me the evening before that the Dingle Marathon is definitely worth doing, and I've never raced in Ireland...

Having won his age group, YJ gets a complimentary entry into next years race and then in 2019 he will have moved up to the V80 category, so I guess he'll just have to keep coming back, to add that award to his set - John, at what age did you start your collection of Snowdonia age group awards?

2 comments:

TLoB said...

The Dingle peninsula is stunning and I have heard that the marathon is a good one. Let me know if you decide to go as I know the area well.

Ed the Unready said...

Thanks Chris, but I'm trying not to be tempted!