Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Strange happenings at the Solstice

Last night saw the inaugural running of Airedale's Summer Solstice, a five mile trail race in the grounds of Bolton Abbey with a few mean hills thrown in.
Now some of you know that I have my own harem here in Settle and they were keen to do this race, so 12 of us, 11 ladies and me, set off for what turned into a good evening out. It was fair to say that there was a wide spectrum of running abilities at this event; the winner did 30:44, the first lady (who came second overall) did 31:52, whilst the slowest runner did 92:10. I ran 39:53 which was good enough to get me 1st V60 but is almost 10 minutes slower than my pb. Strange goings on in wfdbwgua in 2016; t'Y keeps getting 1st V60 in Parkruns and had an excellent 2nd in the Horwich 5k, and I won the Curley's series as well as last night. Now clearly neither t'Y or I are getting any faster, so I can only put it down to other good V60s having stopped running. Having said that, it is still nice to be first, whatever the circumstances.
Our evening was finished off with champagne (beer for me) and cakes as one of the harem had a significant birthday. A very enjoyable night out.

No comments: