Wednesday, January 22, 2014

A Day on the Howgills

It's a while since we had a squad outing and initial enquiries suggest that an outing to the Howgills may attract some interest.

A few years ago YJ, tBiL and I ventured out to visit the eleven 2,000 ft tops in the Howgills. It was an rewarding outing and, once we'd got onto the main ridge, quite runnable. We set off from the Cross Keys at GR SD698969, travelling in a generally northern direction to take in Yarlside and Randygill Top. Then we turned south westish (it's an orienteering term) to start a roughly anti-clockwise loop finishing with Great Dummacks before returning to base.

Although it's a way off yet, I'm suggesting a re-run 15 March or 5th April, to avoid a clash with Edale and Heptonstall.

Any thoughts? Any preference for a date?

2 comments:

Toothfairy said...

15th March good for me. TF

Gordon said...

As discussed on Saturday, March 15th is t'Hobble which is where I intend to be - but tha knows I likes t'Owgills.