Monday, February 13, 2006

The Amble ~ Saturday 11th Feb 2006

This was the first major meet of the year and as I hadn't allowed enough time to say 'how do' to everyone before the start, it wasn't until I finally arrived back in the hall 5 hours and 40 minutes after the start (5 hours and 35 minutes after my start) that I was able to fully appreciate the line up of talent. No details of who was first home (Ian, any info?) but Trevor Dibben was up there with 3 hours ?, closely followed by the Flying Scotsman in ?? knocking over an hour off last year's time. Then it was the undefatigable Staffers, in a superb time of ??? Then Mark ?..... then Brother John in ?? and Ray Miller in 5 30 (ish). Jan Atkins was up there with 5 02. As you all know, my outing was a more spectacular disaster than usual, due to all manner (and some ambrosia) of bad preparation. Will try harder. The little red-head is in Turkey (bird flu permitting) the day before the OCT so I won't be drinking the day before that race, and now that we know, John, that we have a head to head with Dave Powell-Thompson and Joss Naylor, we're going to have to pull all the stops out (and leave all the stoppers in).
Special note to Staffers: You should now have Jan Atkins' phone number, and as I said, she is looking for a training/reccying partner ~ just a pity that you were the best we could offfer.

No comments: