Tuesday, May 26, 2020

Week 7

Mon 4th May

Decided I need to get a few hills in so decided to head up towards the Bob Smithy and have a trundle round the golf course.


Tues 5th May

I arrive early at the Crematorium for my friends mum's funeral. Not much social distancing going on with the first one I observe with 6 pall Bearers. Funerals are limited to 10 mourners inside the Chapel of Rest, so stay outside with a couple of other friends. It's good to catch-up, but wish it could have been in different circumstances.

Weds 6th May & 7th May

Back on swabbing duties. However, have had a recall back to the Dental World to cover Colleagues Annual Leave. We've all been asked to take a week of our annual leave allocation by the end of June. So from the 25th of May I'll be back doing teeth in a fashion.

Lots of new protocols to read up on. We've go onto video conferencing, but only offering very limited amount of treatment.

Fri 8th May

I'm edging closer to Winter Hill with my runs. A couple of abortive attempts on some paths due to a few cows.


But a pleasant run all the same.

Sat 9th & Sun 10th

Swabbing numbers are dropping, to the point that our working hours are reduced at the weekends now. Good that there less staff off sick, but it's hard keeping everyone motivated.

Having Watched Boris on the Telly, decide that I'm going to get some use out of my bike given the weather is so nice and plan to start using it to get to and from work. Also start to plan my first run that doesn't begin from the House. What route shall I try first!?

TF

No comments: